Issuance of a New General Lease - Public Agency
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- California State Lands Commission
- Document Title
- Issuance of a New General Lease - Public Agency
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Issuance of a General Lease - Public Agency Use, beginning August 20, 2010 for a time of two years, authorizing the removal of (1) a maximum of 500 cubic yards of contaminated material from the L-Ditch to comply with the requirements of the Cleanup and Abatement Order from the Regional Water Quality Control Board, with disposal of the material at an approved upland site, and (2) a maximum of 65,500 cubic yards of material from the D Street Fill with disposal of the material at one or more upland approved site(s), yet to be determined, and approved by the San Diego Unified Port District.
- Contact Information
California State Lands Commission
100 Howe Avenue, Suite 100-South
Sacramento, CA 95825-8202
Phone : (916) 574-1900
- San Diego
- Cross Streets
- 850 Lagoon Drive, D Street Fill site, Sweetwater Marsh National Wildlife Refuge
- Other Location Info
- Sovereign lands in the San Diego Bay, Chula Vista, San Diego County located at the L-shaped drainage ditch (L-Ditch).
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4,33 Sec 15061,15304,15333
- Reasons for Exemption
- The San Diego Unified Port District is performing minor alterations to land by dredging a maximum of 65,500 cubic yards of material, and filling a maximum of 68,000 cubic yards of material at an approved upland construction site, and disposing of a maximum 500 cubic yards of material at an uplands landfill, in efforts to restore habitat. The project is exempt from CEQA pursuant to Section 15333, Class 33 (d)(2) (wetlands restoration, the primary purpose of which is to improve conditions for waterfowl or other species that rely on wetland habitat), and 15304, Class 4 (c) (filling of earth into previously excavated land with material compatible with the natural features of the site) of CEQA Guidelines.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.