Janes Creek Reed Canary Gass Control Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Arcata, City of (City of Arcata)
- Document Title
- Janes Creek Reed Canary Gass Control Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Restore in-stream habitat in Janes Creek by hand removal of reed canary grass and other exotic vegetation from 2.2 miles of channel during late summer/fall for up to three years. Reed canary grass control includes removing as much of the exotic vegetation root sturcture on adjacent banks as possible within an average width including the channel of 18'. Following reed canary grass removal and scalping, select reaches will be covered with overlapping layers of rolled corrugated cardboard, rolled burlap and mulch.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15333 (d) 3,4 & 5 - Class 1
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is a small habitat restoration project (4.8 acres) which seeks to restore or enhance in-stream and riparian habitat on Janes Creek primarily with hand tools.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.