San Joaquin Field Division O&M Center Main Entrance Rd Drainage Cleanup
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- San Joaquin Field Division O&M Center Main Entrance Rd Drainage Cleanup
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Drainage culvert and debris basin cleanup is routine maintenance in San Joaquin Field Division (SJFD). Due to constrain of water by sediment accumulation and vegetation growth downstream, pounding occured at SJFD O&M gate area. Additional work need to be conducted to smooth the water flow by removing silt, plant and plant debris in the drainage course for a larger area of 250' long (include the length of the basin), 18' (tapered to 8') wide, and 2' deep; reshape or grade to maintain necessary gradient for strom water flow. The project will minimize flood hazard, maintain regular traffic and safe driving on the entrance road to SFJD O&M Center during storm events, diminish downstream sediment load, and will eliminate roadside ponding which has caused safety and nuisance problems.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
San Joaquin Field Division 4201 Sabodan St.
Bakersfield, CA 93313
Phone : (661) 858-5662
- Cross Streets
- Main entrance of San Joaquin Field Division Operation & Maintenance Center and Sabodan St.
- State Highways
- Hwy 166
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1 Sec: 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- State Water Project (SWP) and the Coastal Branch of SJFD are strategic significance for Californian. This project is exempt because it involves routine maintenance of existing drainage culvert and debris basin. As the drainage is on roadside of main entrance to San Joaquin Field Division Operation & Maintenance Center, maintain the drainage and minimize on-road flood hazard will secure the normal function and operation of the SWP.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.