Vedanta Society Hazardous Fuels Reduction
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- North Tahoe Fire Protection District
- Document Title
- Vedanta Society Hazardous Fuels Reduction
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Rocky Ridge is a project to remove ground and ladder fuels on flat and southern facing slopes below and down slope of several private homes. Of the 30 total acres, approximately 5 acres are timbered with many suppressed and intermediate white fir, plus dead and downed material. The remaining 25 acres are open brush with scattered fir and pine. In these steeper and rocky brush fields, brush will be reduced by 50% by cutting, piling, and burning. Scattered brush underneath residual trees will also be removed.
- Contact Information
North Tahoe Fire Protection District
300 North Lake Boulevard P.O. Box 5879
Tahoe City, CA 96145
Phone : (530) 546-2212
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304 - Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Only brush or small trees will be removed, ground disturbance will be minimal, and nay soil disturbances can be covered with the chipped material.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.