Richards Ranch CAL FIRE Training
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Richards Ranch CAL FIRE Training
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Richards Ranch is a privately owned 6,045 acre cattle ranch located approximately 1 mile south of Oregon House/Dobbins, CA. This project will allow for annual training of fire suppression personnel focusing on hand line construction, brush cutting, hazard tree removal and the suppression of vegetation fire. Mobile attack burning operations will be conducted in the grass fuel models, on the flatter more accessible slopes. Prior to burning, hand crews will construct control lines around the burn perimeter to prevent fire escapes. Sufficient fire apparatus will be present during all burning activities to hold and suppress fire as necessary.
- Contact Information
Matthew S. Reischman
Forestry and Fire Protection, Board of
13760 Lincoln Way
Auburn, CA 95603
Phone : (530) 889-0111
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 4, & 7-Class 1, 4, & 7
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor alteration to land: The project involves the removal of vegetation and trees to facilitate CAL FIRE training. Existing Facilities: maintenance of existing landscaping and native growth. Actions by Regulatory Agencies for Protection of Natural Resources: The project will facilitate fire control training and help prevent wild fire.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.