Chlorine Retrofit and Expansion Project
2 Documents in ProjectDownload CSV New Search
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Riverside, City of (City of Riverside)
- Document Title
- Chlorine Retrofit and Expansion Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- California Department of Public Health is a responsible agency for this project. The City of Riverside has proposed to replace the existing gas chlorination system with an onsite sodium hypochlorite generation system, to include a 3,000-gallon sodium hypochlorite solution storage tank, a 15-ton capacity salt and brine solution storage tank, and two metering pumps capable of delivering 75 gallons per hour (gph). The solution will be injected into the North Orange Transmission Main.
- Contact Information
California Department of Public Health
1350 Front Street, Room 2050
San Diego, CA 92101
- Other Location Info
- One of the four sites is located in Riverside County at the Garner 13 Treatment Plant south of Placentia Ln., west of Sieck Rd. The remaining three other locations are within San Bernadino County at the Sixth St. Chlorination Station. east of Waterman Ave., north of Sixth St.: the Tippecanoe Chlorination Station. North of Riverview Dr., east or Tippecanoe Ave.: and the Sunnyside Chlorination Station, south of Cooley Ave., east of Gage St. A seperate Notice of Exemption was filed with the San Bernadino Clerk or the Board of Supervisors for these three locations.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15303, Class 3
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will include replacing an existing gaseous chlorine treatment unit with a sodium hypochlorite generation system. The conversion is limited to the grounds of the existing facility and will not expand or change the purpose or capacity of the existing facility.