Guillemot Island Overlook Trail Re-route
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Guillemot Island Overlook Trail Re-route
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Re-route the approximately 60' long trail spur off of the North Shore Trail Point Lobos State Natural Reserve to re-establish access to the Guillemot Island Overlook after a tree fell across the existing spur. Work will remove brush; excavate the ground surface up to 8" deep; and construct an approximately 30' long by 3' wide set of interlocking steps to install the new, approximately 50' long by 3' wide spur. Decompact old trail surface and spread top soil from new trail containing seeds and nutrients to remove the existing trail spur and place nearby vegetative debris over the alignment to reduce erosion and return the area to a natural condition.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Monterey District 2211 Garden Road
Phone : (831) 649-2980
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15303, 15304 - Class 3 & 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of construction and location of limited numbers of new, small facilities or structures and minor public alterations in the condition of land and vegetation that do not involve the removal of healthy, mature trees; included as "trail construction or realignment" in the Department of Park and Recreation's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR section 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.