VESR Cyberinfrastructure Improvements
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- Document Title
- VESR Cyberinfrastructure Improvements
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The University of California, Natural Reserve System's Valentine Eastern Sierra Reserve is proposing to upgrade existing wireless Internet backhaul sites to make the system more robust. This consists of making improvements at existing sites on private, University and National Forest lands with no new ground disturbing activities. We also propose to extend wireless Internet coverage at the Sierra Nevada Aquatic Research Laboratory to proposed instrument sites along Convict Creek within the boundaries of the Reserve property. This may require placement of 8' galvanized steel pipes into hand dug holes in up to six locations. The sites will not be permanent and some will be run by extension of existing AC power. Others may require solar panels.
- Contact Information
University of California, Santa Barbara
Office of Campus Planning & Design
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-1030
Phone : (760) 935-4334
- Mammoth Lakes
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project includes "repair, maintenance,... or minor alteration of existing public or private structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographical features, involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that previously existing at the time of the lead agency's determination..... Examples include but are not limited to: (a) Interior or exterior alterations involving such things are interior partitions, plumbing, and electrical conveyances....(e) Additions to existing structures provided that the addition will not result in an increase of more than: (1) 50 percent of the floor area of the structures before the addition, or 2,500sf, whichever is less...." and therefore would be exempt from CEQA in accordance with Section 15301(i).
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.