Permitting and Operation of Smith Well and Disinfection System
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Document Title
- Permitting and Operation of Smith Well and Disinfection System
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Nuevo Water Company (WC) has proposed to convert an existing agricultural well into a municipal water source to reduce the amount of water purchased from the Eastern Municipal Water District. The well was orginally drilled and completed in October 1984. Nuevo WC purchased the well on February 19, 2009. Upon completion of ownership transfer the Nuevo WC rehabilitated the well and installed a new 200hp vertical pump. The project includes approximately 2,200 linear feet of new 10-inch diameter PVC located within the public right-of-way connecting the well to the existing Nuevo WC water distribution system, and a 12.5% sodium hypochlorite disinfection system.
- Contact Information
California Department of Public Health
CDPH Riverside District Office 1350 Front Street, Room 2050
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone : (619) 525-4159
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301 - Class 1
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project includes the permitting and operation of an existing water supply well. The project does not expand the capacity or use the facility.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.