San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District Rule Development: Rule 4103 (Open Burning)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
- Document Title
- San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District Rule Development: Rule 4103 (Open Burning)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The District has adopted amendments to District Rule 4103, to fulfill state mandates by incorporating the requirements from the California Health and Safety Code (CH&SC) Section 41855.5 and Section 41855.6 into the rule. The amendments incorporate requirements for burn prohibition of certain categories of agricultural waste, and also incorporate provisions to address the economic and practical challenges facing the agricultural community and other impacted operators.
- Contact Information
San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
1990 E. Gettysburg Avenue
Fresno, CA 93726
Phone : (559) 230-6000
- Fresno Kern Kings Madera Merced San Joaquin
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- 21080(b)(1); 15268
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is an amendment to existing District Rule 4103. The District has no discretion in deciding whether to incorporate said Health and Safety Code sections into its rule and, thus, approval by the District's Governing Board is a ministerial action. Section 21080 of the Public Resources Code exempts from the application of CEQA those projects over which public agencies exercise only ministerial authority.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.