Issuance of Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. R1-09-0215 Nelson Channel Maintenance for Low Flow Project, Mendocino County
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Issuance of Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. R1-09-0215 Nelson Channel Maintenance for Low Flow Project, Mendocino County
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed activity is described as the alteration of channel material within a pre-existing man-made flow-through side channel of the main stem Russian River. The side channel appears to support rearing habitat and high flow refuge for developing salmonids, and may represent entrapment hazard during periods of low flow or during water diversion for agricultural use activities. The proposed activity is focused on maintaining active flows through the side channel.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Game
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (707) 836-8675
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project includes the maintenance of stream flows and stream channels. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.