Our City Forest: Green San Jose
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Our City Forest: Green San Jose
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project, to be carried out by Our City Forest, involves the planting of 700 trees at various locations within the City of San Jose. It is anticipated that this project will commence in July 2010 and be completed by March 2012. Trees will be native and non-native ornamentals that have been selected for their disease resistance, adaption to the urban landscape, shade capacity, and minimal litter production. Trees will be planted using 15 gallon commercial stock. All trees will be planted, staked and tied, watered and maintained in accordance with the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection's tree planting guidelines.
- Contact Information
Forestry and Fire Protection, Board of
555 Northgate Drive Suite 240-B Mailbox 8
San Rafael, CA 94903
Phone : (415) 265-9059
- San Jose
- Santa Clara
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- As lead agency under CEQA, the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection finds that this project is Categorically Exempt. This project involves minor alterations to land and vegetation including the planting of new landscaping trees. As this is a heavily disturbed urban environment there is a low likelihood of impacting any significant biological resources. CDF finds that the proposed activities will pose less than significant impact to the environment including cultural, historic and biological resources.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.