Caltrans, Highway 162 Sand Bank Grind and Replace, Storm Damage Repair Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- Caltrans, Highway 162 Sand Bank Grind and Replace, Storm Damage Repair Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of the proposed project is to restore the roadway to pre-storm conditions and improve the facility to prevent further highway deterioration. The proposed construction activities will consist of: replacing culverts; installing drop inlet vaults; grading drainage ditches and sloped adjacent to drainages; installing under-drains; replacing culverts; installing outlet down-drains; replacing asphalt and road base; re-establishing drainage flows; installing rock slope protection (RSP); and conducting slope revegetation and erosion control. The proposed project will result in temporary and permanent impacts to unnamed ephemeral tributaries the Eel River and Middle Fork Eel River. Caltrans has determined that temporary impacts to waters of the U.S. and State would total approximately 0.03 acres (876 linear feet). However, permanent impacts are only 0.005 acres (107 linear feet). Caltrans will utilize Best Management Practices (BMPs) to provide erosion control and pollution prevention throughout the project area during construction. All graded areas within the project affected by the construction activities will be appropriately stabilized and/or replanted with appropriate native vegetation. In addition, the proposed project will restore the former drainage flow at the culvert located at PM 16.69 and reduce the amount of water that flows to the culvert at Pm 16.65. Additionally, Caltrans proposes to lay back steep erodible slopes at PM 14.44 to reduce the sediment delivery potential to the Eel River. The majority of proposed project activity is scheduled to be conducted between July 31, 2010 and October 15, 2010. The proposed in-channel work will only be conducted between June 15th and October 15th.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2835
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing highway drainage system with minor impacts.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.