Oregon Peak FLS/COM - Maintenance Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Board of
- Document Title
- Oregon Peak FLS/COM - Maintenance Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Oregon Peak Lookout is located approximately 1.5 miles northeast of Dobbins, CA. The proposed project will conduct fuel break maintenance along the lookout access road, fuels maintenance around the lookout facilities and will remove approximately 30 trees that currently inhibit the view from the lookout tower. The current fuel break encompasses 1.7 miles of unimproved forestland road, extending 150 feet on either side of the road prism. Fuels requiring maintenance are largely brush species and overstocked incense-cedar, ponderosa pine and Douglas-fir.
- Contact Information
Matthew S. Reischman
Forestry and Fire Protection, Board of
CAL FIRE-NEU Unit Headquarters 13760 Lincoln Way
Auburn, CA 95603
Phone : (530) 265-2603
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 04, 07 - Class 1, 4,& 7
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor Alteration to Land. Removal of vegetation and trees to improve the function of the Lookout and reduce the current fire danger. Existing facilties and actions by regulatory agencies for protection of natural resources.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.