Palmer House Renovation Project; Design Review (DR 2010-01)
MND - Mitigated Negative Declaration
Present Land Use
GP: Downtown Commercial
Z: DC-DD, Downtown Commercial-Design District
NOTE: Review Per Lead
The Palmer house has long been considered one of the finest examples of Victorian architecture in Napa County. As one of the few remaining examples in the area of French Second Empire design (and one of only two in Calistoga), it was recognized in 1979 as having local significance, and was placed on the National Register of historic buildings. The house also has local significance since it was built in 1871 by judge A. C. Palmer, a former leading citizen of Calistoga.
Preservation efforts will be guided by the Secretary of interior's standards for historical buildings. While some nominal changes (almost all of the interior) will be made to the house to accomplish usability in today's living context, these changes will onle be to the rear part of the exterior of the building and affect only previous updates that have occurred int he last 15 years. It is the overall intent to preserve the house (and its earliest "turn of the century" additions) in its original form to the greatest extent possible.
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3 (CDFW), California Department of Parks and Recreation, California Department of Transportation, District 4 (DOT), California Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC), California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Valley Sacramento Region 5 (RWQCB), Department of Water Resources, Office of Historic Preservation, Resources Agency
Residential (Units 1)
Air Quality, Cultural Resources, Noise, Vegetation
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.