Maricopa Sun Solar Complex Project (Project) (California Endangered Species Act Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2014-060-04 (ITP), Major Amendment No. 5).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Kern County
- Document Title
- Maricopa Sun Solar Complex Project (Project) (California Endangered Species Act Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2014-060-04 (ITP), Major Amendment No. 5).
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- The Project, as permitted by CDFW, involves the construction, operation, and decommissioning of a 3,856.1-acre photovoltaic solar facility and associated on-site distribution lines, as well as the permanent conservation of 5,692.6 acres of on-site and nearby off-site lands. The Project will result in permanent impacts to 3,798.2 acres of San Joaquin kit fox (Vulpes macrotis mutica), San Joaquin antelope squirrel (Ammospermophilus nelson,), and Tipton kangaroo rat (Dipodomys nitratoides nitratoides) (collectively, Covered Species) habitat and temporary impacts to 57.9 acres of utility and railroad easements. The Project is expected to result in incidental take of San Joaquin kit fox and San Joaquin antelope squirrel, which are designated as threatened species under the California Endangered Species Act (CESA) and Tipton kangaroo rat, which is designated as an endangered species under CESA. The ITP and Amendments No. 1, 2, and 3, as issued by CDFW, authorizes incidental take of the Covered Species that may occur as a result of Project implementation. Amendment No. 4 was issued by CDFW, but it was not executed and was subsequently rescinded by the Permittee. Major Amendment No. 5 clarifies the definition of the Bitterwater Switching Station, adds a total of 24 acres associated with the Bitterwater Switching Station and its facilities to the Easements acreage, modifies the Conditions of Approval to add protective measures resulting from the addition of construction of storm water retention ponds to the Project description, modifies the off-site HM lands requirement by adding 24 acres to the off-site mitigation obligation to be completed before starting work on the Bitterwater Switching Station, modifies the on-site HM lands requirement by subtracting 24 acres from the on-site springing conservation easement and decommissioning requirements, replaces Figure 2 with a new Figure 2 that shows the location of the Bitterwater Switching Station and the additional 24 acres of off-site HM lands and adds Figure 3 that shows the design of the Bitterwater Switching Station.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) Central Region
1234 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-4014 ext. 238
- Other Location Info
- The Project is located on 3,856.1 acres of land located on the north and south sides of South Lake Road, east of Gardner Field Road and northeast of Copus Road and Schallock Road, approximately 5 miles west of the City of Taft in an unincorporated area of southwestern Kern County, California.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- The EIR prepared by the lead agency for the Project is available to the general public at the office location listed above for the lead agency. CDFW's administrative record of proceedings related to the incidental take permit is available to the public for review at CDFW's regional office.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2010031034_NOD_2081-2014-060-04_Amend5 PDF 551 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.