Yuba River Basin, California Project – Marysville Ring Levee Exploratory Borings
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Document Title
- Yuba River Basin, California Project – Marysville Ring Levee Exploratory Borings
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The objective of the project is to obtain soil data required for design level analysis of the Marysville Ring Levee project. The proposed action will include exploration using sonic drilling methods with continuous sampling. Approximately 27 borings will be conducted and will be approximately 10 inches in diameter. Soil cores will be excavated to a depth of 150 feet. Excavated soil cores will be collected and removed from the site for testing. Upon completion of drilling, each boring will be grouted with cement-bentonite slurry.
- Contact Information
Kalia Schuster of the Department of Water Resources
Central Valley Flood Protection Board
3310 El Camino Avenue, Suite 170
Sacramento, CA 95821
Phone : (916) 574-1429
- Other Location Info
- The City of Marysville is located approximately 50 miles north of Sacramento, California in Yuba County. Marysville is surrounded by 7.5 miles of levee that protects it from the flooding of three water courses: the Yuba River to the south, Jack Slough to the north; and the Feather River to the west.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15306 Information Collection; 15304 Minor Land Alterations
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed action is exempt as it includes only minor alterations of land, and data collected will be used to support the planning and engineering design (14 CCR§15304, 14 CCR§15306). The subsurface data collection will not result in any significant impacts to environmental resources. All bore holes will be backfilled and restored to pre-boring conditions. Please note, the signed NOE is not attached. If you would like to request a signed copy of the NOE, please contact Board Staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2021 PDF 177 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.