Caltrans 1 (Eureka)
(California Department of Transportation, District 1)
Klamath Grade Raise
NOP - Notice of Preperation
The purpose of this project is to:
1) provide a viable transportation facility during flood levels approximately a near-50 year event;
2) improve shoulder widths to 8';
3) rehabilitate the existing roadway by repairing damaged asphalt-concrete, resurfacing, upgrading facilities to current design standards;
4) provide bridges able to withstand seismic hazard;
5) provide additional left-turn storage at Ehlers Way/Route 101 and a turn pocket at Hunter Creek Road North/Route 101.
Caltrans proposes to rehabilitate the highway for the 5-mile length of the project, to raise the grade for 1.78 mile segment between postmiles DN-101-6.05 and 7.83, and to replace bridges at Hunter and Panther Creeks and install a replacement culvert at Spruce Creek.
Air Resources Board, Transportation ProjectsCalifornia Coastal CommissionCalifornia Department of Parks and RecreationCalifornia Highway PatrolCaltrans, Division of AeronauticsDepartment of ConservationDepartment of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1EDepartment of Toxic Substances ControlDepartment of Water ResourcesNative American Heritage CommissionOffice of Emergency Services, CaliforniaOffice of Historic PreservationRegional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1Resources AgencyState Lands Commission