Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Install up to eight, approximately 335 square foot, prefabricated, cabins, camping facilities, and utilities in the former group picnic and overflow camping area. Work will:
1. Grade and compact an approximately 2680 sf area up to 1.5ft in depth to install cabin foundations on a firm, even surface. Mount cabins and decks on stem wall foundations and concrete stairs with 27 sf area up to 1 ft in depth to install approximately 6' 9" long by 1.5 ft high by 4 ft wide deck stairs at each cabin.
2. Grade and compact an approximately 200 sf up to 1.5ft depth to install accessible, approximately 30' ft long by 1'9" ft high by 4' 11" wide ramps from the existing pathways to cabins.
3. Install grills and picnic tables on decks. Excavate approximately 3 ft wide by 1.5 ft deep holes to install up to eight (8) barbeques and eight (8) fire rings adjacent to cabins.
4. Install approximately 370 sf of firm, even surfaces for new pedestrian pathways between the cabins and the parking area.
5. Install stabilize surface and stripe an approximately 1320 sf parking area to install up to three standard and one accessible parking space adjacent to existing restroom and new cabins. Install wheel stops with rebar anchors embedded 14" into the ground and excavated approximately 1 ft wide by 2 ft deep holes to install up to two (2) parking and directional signs.
Project consists of construction and location of limited numbers of new, small facilities or structures; minor public alterations in the condition of land and vegetation which do not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees except for forestry purposes; and construction or placement of minor structures accessory to (appurtenant to) existing facilities; included as "construction or installation of park facilities, such as small parking lots, and signs" "trail construction and realignment," "installation of signs" and "construction or installation of additional public use facilities" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR 15300.4.