Coleman Penstock Replacement Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley), Redding
- Document Title
- Coleman Penstock Replacement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is to replace the existing double penstock with a new single larger capacity penstock. The total project size is 21.1 acres. Construction will be conducted out of actively flowing waterways. The benefits of the project include maintaining hydropower electricity generation and preventing catastrophic loss of generating capacity. The existing penstock is over 100 years in age and has deteriorated to the point that it is near the end of its useful life. If the existing penstocks were to catastrophically fail, a large quantity of sediment could reach Battle Creek and significantly impact water quality.
- Contact Information
Guy F. Chetelat
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley),
415 Knollcrest Drive, Suite 100
Redding, CA 96002
Phone : (530) 224-4997
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project is Categorically Exempt under CEQA 15301(b) because it involves repair, maintenance, and minor alterations to existing power generating structures and facilities, with little or no expansion in existing use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.