Removal Action Workplan for Former RENU Plating Company (RPC) Facility
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Removal Action Workplan for Former RENU Plating Company (RPC) Facility
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Removal Action Workplan will excavate heavy metals from previous plating operations. The estimated volume of impacted soils to be removed is 420 cubic yards, between 25 to 30 truck loads. The project will mitigate impacted soils that exceed the project-specific human health and environmental risk criteria to minimize human exposure to and migration of the identified chemicals of concern (COCs). The cleanup levels for these COCs are based upon the California Human Health Screening Levels (CHHSLs): Cadmium 1.7 mg/kg; copper 3,000 mg/kg; lead 150 mg/kg; and nickel 1,600 mg/kg. The excavation is expected to be completed within 5 days. Stockpiling of soil will only occur overnight if bins or trucks are no available.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
5796 Corporate Ave
Cypress, CA 90630
Phone : (714) 484-5479
- Los Angeles Los Angeles, City of
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- 1. The site is paved, disturbed and not in an area of biological significance per the Department of Fish and Game Rarefind database (April, 2009). 2. The site is not in an area of cultural, historical or paleontological, significance based upon the California Historical Resource Information Service (CHRIS) report and Native American Heritage Commission Database in April 2009. 3. Groundwater was not encountered in borings to 186 feet and groundwater in the area may be as deep as 245 feet based upon other wells in the area. There is no evidence of site related groundwater contamination from COC's.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.