River to Ridge Trail Realignment
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Napa County
- Document Title
- River to Ridge Trail Realignment
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- In 1999, the State of California deeded a recreational trail to the County of Napa. The trail was to be located on State Hospital grounds. However, portions of the trail were mistakenly built on adjacent land owned by Syar Industries. To correct this problem, rather than move and rebuild the trail ( rebuilding the trail would cause a environmental disturbance and would be very difficult given the terrain), Syar has agreed to give the State the land encompassing the existing trail. In return, the State is giving Syar an equal amount of acreage on land (1.65 acres).
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- C. 1,12,16 Sec.15301,15312,15316
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will not require any trail construction because the trail is existing (15301). The swap of the 1.65 acres of land is exempt under 15312 (the land being given to Syar has no environmental value and is too small to be developed) and 15316 (the land being given to the State will be managed as a park with a recreational trail on it).
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.