Retro Fit and Replacement of a Bat Gate- Florence #7
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Retro Fit and Replacement of a Bat Gate- Florence #7
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is to retro fit and replace a bat gate that has failed due to vandalism, which was created a significant public safety hazard. In 2007, in conjunction with the Department of Conservation Abandoned Mines Lands Unit, a complete inventory of abandoned mines was completed for Red Rock Canyon State Park. The inventory indicated that were over 55 +- abandoned mines and features were located within the Park. As part of this inventory process, a remediation work plan was developed to identify and prioritize these abandoned mines and features for closure with the Park. Florence #7 in a complex mine with one large adit and several horizontal adits. Its estimated that there is at least 100 meters of underground workings. There is a danger for human safety as it contains a flooded section with the main adit. The main portal has extensive creep debris and rock slippage from surrounding hillside. The project is to remove the existing bat gate and replace with a new improved bat gate that will allow bats and other wildlife to use the abandoned mine as a habitat. The existing gate will be remove and replaced with a culver bat gate with horizontal angle inserts. A bat/wildlife friendly gate will be installed onsite and anchored into the rock. The front portal of the adit will be secured and stabilized using reinforced steel to prevent ongoing creep debris and rock slippage from surrounding hillside.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (661) 726-1672
- Other Location Info
- Red Rock Canyon State Park.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- No potential for significant impacts to the environment is anticipated in compliance with Section 15300.2. There will be negligible or no expansion of existing use (class 1).
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.