010 and 018 Treatment System Upgrade
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley)
- Document Title
- 010 and 018 Treatment System Upgrade
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Upgrade of treatment system designed to address acid rock discharge (ARD) from the Upper Windy Camp portal (018) and add sufficient capacity to address ARD from the Lower Windy Camp or Balaklala portal (010) in the West Squaw Creek Mining District above Shasta Lake in Shasta County. These activities are being conducted in accordance with Waste Discharge Requirements Order No. R5-2002-153 (NPDES CA0081876) and Cease and Desist Order No. R5-2002-154 issued by the RWQCB. Activities to control ARD have been ongoing since 1978.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley)
415 Knollcrest Drive, Suite 100
Redding, CA 96002
Phone : (530) 224-4845
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor action to eliminate the release of hazardous material to the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.