Residence and Maintenance Shop Waterline Replacement
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Residence and Maintenance Shop Waterline Replacement
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Replace an existing 1.5 1/2" galvanized waterline that is leaking and non-reparable at Fort Ross State Historic Park to provide a reliable water supply. The waterline provides service to the maintenance shop, the Call House, and adjacent cottage. Work will excavate a trench approximately 300 feet long by 2 feet deep and 12 inches wide to remove the old pipe and the replacement line will be 2" schedule 80 PVC pipe in the same location. The new line will replace the existing line in teh same foot print to a depth of 2'. The length of the replacement line is approximately three hundred feet. The site of work is an open field between the Fort Ross compound adn the maintenance complex. This project will provide for continued maintenance and use. All work is to be done over previously disturbed soil. An archeological monitor will be on site monitoring during the project.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
25381 Steelhead Blvd P.O. Box 123
Duncans Mills, CA 95430
Phone : (707) 865-3131
- Other Location Info
- Fort Ross State Historic Park.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Cl. 1,2,4 Sec.15301,15302,15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project is the repair and maintenance of an existing public facility involving no expansion of use beyond current levels, the replacement of existing facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity and the minor public alteration in the condition of land and/or vegetation which does not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees, or utilities waterline with no significant change in capacity and use (Class 1, Section 15301; Class 4, Section 15304); this waterline replacement will be within the existing footprint of the system (Class 2, Section 15302).
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.