Ramirez Canyon Slope Rehabilitation
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Caltrans 7 (Los Angeles) (California Department of Transportation, District 7)
- Document Title
- Ramirez Canyon Slope Rehabilitation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project will rehabilitate two failing slopes as well as two Corrugated Metal pipe (CMP) drainages along the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) at Ramirez Canyon in the City of Malibu. The slope and CMP drainages began to fail after severe storms in 2005, and continue to erode, which will eventually lead to an undermining of the adjacent roadway. Unstable fill material will be excavated and recompacted via benching and will include the addition of geo-fabric. The CMP drainages will be replaced and extended beyond the current easement. Imported fill material will be used as well as the placement of rock slope protection around the outlet of the storm drains. This project will prevent possible failure of the adjacent PCH, maintain the current level of service and remove existing safety hazards.
- Contact Information
California Department of Transportation, District 7
100 South Main Street, MS-16A
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Phone : (213) 897-1839
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1d (PRC 21084; 14CCR15300)
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project is slope restoration and drainage repair project that is required in order to meet current standards of public health and safety and qualifies as a Class 1d categorically exempt project (PRC 21084; 14 CCR 15300 et seq.). Restoration of the project area through onsite planting and the use of off-site plantings to satisfy the City of Malibu's coastal zone development permit, will ensure that all environmental impacts are avoided or minimized to a level less than significant. Therefore, the proposed project would be categorically exempt under CEQA.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.