Lighting retrofit and HVAC Control System
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Lighting retrofit and HVAC Control System
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Pursuant to the Governor's Energy Executive Order S-20-04 calling for a reduction in energy load by 20 percent by the year 2015 for all state facilities, CDCR is undertaking a number of energy savings programs. Currently, CDCR will be implementing two energy savings programs at CSP Corcoran. The first in the replacement of 2,100 high density discharge (HID) light bulbs (and associated fixtures) with induction light fixtures. HID bulbs are 250 to 400 watts per fixture and are typically replaced every other year. The induction light bulbs have a 10-year warranty and will result in an energy savings of 2.3 million kilowatt hours. This retrofit program includes certification of the proper disposal and recycle of the HID bulbs and fixtures. The second energy-savings program at CSP Corcoran is installation of a control system on the facility's cooling and heating unit to comply with the Governor's "Green Team" standards of 68 degrees F in winter months and 78 degrees F in summer months.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placeville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-2159
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1 Sec. 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- The energy savings program described above consists of the minor alteration of existing facilities involving negligible or no expansion of existing use. This is one of a class of projects the Secretary of Resources has found does not have a significant effect on the environment, therefore, is declared to be categorically exempt from the requirement for preparing an environmental document.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.