SVSP and CTF Energy Efficiency Projects
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- SVSP and CTF Energy Efficiency Projects
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Pursuant to the Governor's Energy Executive Order S-20-04 calling for a reduction in energy load by 20 percent by the year 2015 for all state facilities, CDCR is undertaking a number of energy savings programs. CDCR will be implementing the following projects at SVSP and CTF: 1) At SVSP, CDCR will be retrofitting old T12 lights with new T8 lamps and ballasts. The disposal of old lamps and ballasts will be certified. This activity will save approximately 400,000 kWh. This activity also includes replacing old 500 gallon water heaters with a 130 gallon low nitrous oxide emission, high efficiency water heater with 400 MBH burners each in the eight 180-type housing units. It will also replace the 150 gallon water heaters in the 270-type housing units with 100 gallon low nitrous oxide emission, high efficiency water heater with 250 MBH burners each. There are two water heaters per each of the ten 270-type housing units for a total of 20 water heaters to be replaced. 2) At CTF, CDCR will install new energy efficiency boilers at the central p-plant in order to bypass old and inefficient boilers. The old boiler at the stream plant is significantly oversized, and another boiler is not in use but is kept on standby. As a result, both boilers operate at a relatively low efficiency; the main boiler is rated at 50,000 lbs/hr (steam). A new smaller 300 hp boiler is adequate to service the facility needs. The new boiler will have an economizer and it can operate at 85% overall efficiency at all firing ranges. Standby losses due to radiation and convection will also be reduced by using the less massive, faster-responding boiler.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-2159
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1 Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of the minor alteration of existing facilities involving negligible or no expansion of existing use. This is one of a class of projects the Secretary of Resources has found does not have a significant effect on the environment, therefore, is declared to be categorically exempt from the requirement for preparing an environmental document.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.