South Shore Landscape Restoration and Bench Installation
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- South Shore Landscape Restoration and Bench Installation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Restore approximately 1.3 acres of the bluff top located on the South Shore area at Point Lobos State Natural Reserve for resource protection. Work involves installing approximately 6.920 feet of guideline fence to delineate the existing decomposed granite trail surface where needed by reinstalling decomposed granite cap, and installing one new bench. The fence consists of 5/8" diameter metal anchor rods placed 2' into the ground approximately every 15' and 36" above ground strung with vinyl coated braided cable. Native plants include dune buckwheat, lizard trail, seaside daisy, beach aster, coyote brush and California sagebrush. Install new, approximately 6.5' long redwood bench on flat area approximately 1' off the trail surface, anchored with concrete footings approximately 0.5' high by 0.5' wide.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Monterey District 2211 Garden Road
Monterey, CA 93940
Phone : (831) 649-2980
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- ...Section 15333. Project consists of repair and minor alteration of existing public facilities or topographical features involving negligible expansion of use beyond current levels; construction and location of limited numbers of new, small structures; minor alterations in the condition of land and/or vegetation that does not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees except for forestry purposes; and restoration that does not exceed five acres in size to assure restoration, enhancement or protection of habitat for plants and wildlife; included as "construction of installation of park facilities such as fencing," "trail or road repairs," and "resource management projects" in the Department of Parks and Recreation list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.