Highway 101 Carpinteria to Santa Barbara (Segment 4A - Carpinteria) (Lake or Stream bed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0116-R5).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Caltrans, District 5 - San Luis Obispo/Santa Barbara (California Department of Transportation, District 5)
- Document Title
- Highway 101 Carpinteria to Santa Barbara (Segment 4A - Carpinteria) (Lake or Stream bed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0116-R5).
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2018-X-R5, pursuant to section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the project Applicant, California Department of Transportation (District 5). The Project is proposed to reduce congestion and delay; provide capacity for future travel demand; improve travel time on Highway 101 within the project limits; provide for HOV lane continuity on Highway 101 in southern Santa Barbara County; and encourage a modal shift to transit and carpooling. The Project activities are proposed to add a single HOV lane in both the northbound and southbound directions.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife South Coast Region
3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (562) 342-7151
- Santa Barbara
- Other Location Info
- The project is located within the City of Carpinteria between Post Mile (PM) 1.4 and PM 4.6., in the County of Santa Barbara. The project will have effects to 10 locations including Franklin Creek, Santa Monica Creek, and ephemeral or intermittent tributaries.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- Available to the general public at the office location listed above for the Lead Agency. CDFW's record of project approval as Responsible Agency is available CDFW's regional office.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2009051018_1600-2019-0116-R5 NOD PDF 380 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.