The project, as approved, consists of the following:
1. A General Plan Amendment to change the General Plan designation from Commercial Offices (356.22 acres), Low Density Residential (195.29 acres), Medium Density Residential (88.11 acres), and High Density Residential (52.18 acres) to Neighborhood Transit Oriented Development. (It is anticipated that the new General Plan designation will be Mixed-Use Corridor as defined in the General Plan Update).
2. A General Plan Amendment to create a "Smart Growth Streef' General Plan designation.
3. A General Plan Amendment to change the General Plan roadway designation from Arterial to "Smart Growth Street," for Fair Oaks Boulevard from just north of Oak Avenue north to Marconi Avenue; for Fair Oaks Boulevard from Manzanita Avenue east to Marshall Avenue; and for Manzanita Avenue from Cypress Avenue to Bourbon Drive.
4. A General Plan Amendment to change the General Plan roadway designation from Thoroughfare to "Smart Growth Street," for Fair Oaks Boulevard from Marconi Avenue north to Cypress Avenue.
5. A Zoning Ordinance Amendment to create a FOBCP Special Planning Area (SPA) ordinance that would identify mandatory requirements (policies, development standards, land use tables and design guidelines) to guide all development proposals for properties located within the Main Street District.
6. A Zoning Ordinance Amendment to amend Section 110-30.6 and delete Section 110-84.3 of the Zoning Code relating to the Fair Oaks Boulevard Corridor Planning Area and introduce new provisions to identify restricted uses within the East Fair Oaks Boulevard, Manzanita and South Gateway District areas.