Fish Barrier Dam - Buoy Line Installation Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Fish Barrier Dam - Buoy Line Installation Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- DWR is proposing to install a safety buoy line across the Feather River immediately downstream of the Fish Barrier Dam. This project is in response to a Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) inspection of the Oroville Project Facilities during June of 2008. FERC concluded that a safety barrier was necessary to prevent access to the base of the Fish Barrier Dam spillway. This project will entail the installation of permanent anchors to be cemented to the bedrock on both sides of the Feather River, to support a cable approximately 175 feet long that will span the river and be floated with buoys.
- Contact Information
Stacy Cepello/Eric See
California Department of Water Resources
Oroville Field Division 460 Glen Drive
Oroville, CA 95966
Phone : 530 534-2501/534-2324
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304 - Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project will consist of minor alteration to the streambank that will not involve the egetation, or change the condition of the water.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.