UCSD Clean Water Utility Initiative - SIO Seawater System Infrastructure Projects
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- University of California, San Diego (University of California San Diego)
- Document Title
- UCSD Clean Water Utility Initiative - SIO Seawater System Infrastructure Projects
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project proposes to replace and/or upgrade old seawater pumps and settling tanks on the SIO campus of UCSD. The project is anticipated to save 30% on energy costs. In addition, seawater that currently discharges to the beach at three locations will be rerouted through existing piping infrastructure to a single point of discharge near Hubbs Hall in compliance with SIO's NPDES Industrial Permit.
- Contact Information
University of California San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive Mail Code 0074
La Jolla, CA 92093-0074
Phone : (858) 534-3860
- San Diego
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project would involve the replacement or reconstruction of existing utility systems and facilities involving negligible or no expansion of capacity.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.