The Department of Parks and Recreation proposes to provide improvements to the 5 exterior parking, routes of travel in no less then 8 city blocks through out the town, and door entrance modifications at 33 locations along the route of travel on both sides of Main Street from Jackson Street to Gazette on Washington Street to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The ADA path of travel work will also extend partially on both sides of Main Street, along Jackson Street, State Street, Fulton Street, and Washington Street. The following is a brieg summary of the proposed work:
- Raise the existing non-historic boardwalks and brick sidewalks to the elevation of certain door thresholds identified at each building entrance to provide a smooth and ADA compliant transtion from the outside circualtion path into the builsding entrance.
- Provide ADA compliant parking
- Adjust existing becnhes with compliant back and arm rest or replace with a compliant bench
- Install 2 ADA compliant drinking fountains with ADA accessible models that fit the historic character of the park
- Replace existing outdoor display shelters with compliant shelters with accessibility from the path of travel
- Modify existing, specified building entrance as necessary for ADA compliance.
Cal Fire, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, North Central Region 2 (CDFW), California Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC), California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Valley Sacramento Region 5 (RWQCB), California State Lands Commission (SLC), Caltrans, Division of Aeronautics, Department of Water Resources, Resources Agency, California Department of Transportation, District 10 (DOT)
Reviewing Agency Comments
California Department of Transportation, District 10 (DOT)
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.