Modification No. 2 Conditional Use Permit No. 8, Map No. 27; Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds, Inc. (PP20149)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Kern County
- Document Title
- Modification No. 2 Conditional Use Permit No. 8, Map No. 27; Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds, Inc. (PP20149)
- Document Type
- MND - Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Present Land Use
- Existing 5,000-foot long by 60-foot wide private, paved airstrip with associated safety areas; accessory to the existing Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds, Inc and associated facilities. The runway is surrounded by almond orchards and is in a primarily rural, agricultural area. The project site is zoned A (Exclusive Agricultural) District with a Map Code Designation of 8.1 (Intensive Agriculture) & 8.1/2.5 (Intensive Agriculture - Flood Hazard) by the Kern County General Plan.
- Document Description
- (1) (a) Amend the Circulation Element of the Kem County General Plan to eliminate the designation of section lines and midsection lines as arterial right-of-way and collector highways, respectively [Approved June 13, 2006, Resolution No. 2006-232 & -233]; (b) A Conditional Use Permit to allow the construction of a new private paved 5,000-foot by 60-foot airstrip to be used for agricultural purposes [Originally approved May 25, 2006, Resolution No. 108-06]. Modification No. 1 to this CUP required this document to be amended, recirculated, and subsequently adopted at the February 12, 2009 Planning Commission [Resolution No. 17-09] in order to authorize the installation of an above-ground aviation fuel tank. See NOC full document description.
- Contact Information
Kern County Planning and Community Development Department
2700 "M" Street Suite 100
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Phone : (661) 862-5041
Wonderful Pistachios and Almonds, Inc.
- 35°39'56"N 119°53'39.8"W
- Lost Hills
- Parcel #
- 057-290-18 & -21
- Other Location Info
- Approximately 1/4 mile east of State Highway 33, approximately two (2) miles north of Blackwell's Corner, and approximately 10 miles northwest of Lost Hills; being a portion of Sections 11, and 13, T26S, R19E, SBB&M, County of Kern, State of California; 13646 Highway 33, Lost Hills, CA 93249. Total Acres: 75,500 square-feet of newly disturbed area within an 81.58 acre site across two (2) contiguous parcels.
Notice of Completion
- Review Period Start
- Review Period End
- Development Type
- Transportation (Private Airstrip Expansion; Ag Industry) Other (Agricultural Industry)
- Local Action
- Use Permit Modification
- Project Issues
- Aesthetics Agriculture and Forestry Resources Air Quality Biological Resources Cultural Resources Cumulative Effects Drainage/Absorption Flood Plain/Flooding Geology/Soils Hazards & Hazardous Materials Hydrology/Water Quality Land Use/Planning Noise Public Services Recreation Solid Waste Transportation Vegetation Wetland/Riparian Wildfire Wildlife
- Reviewing Agencies
- California Air Resources Board (ARB) California Department of Conservation (DOC) California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Central Region 4 (CDFW) California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) California Department of Parks and Recreation California Department of Transportation, District 9 (DOT) California Department of Transportation, Division of Aeronautics (DOT) California Department of Water Resources (DWR) California Governor's Office of Emergency Services (OES) California Highway Patrol (CHP) California Natural Resources Agency California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Lahontan Victorville Region 6 (RWQCB) Central Valley Flood Protection Board Department of Toxic Substances Control Office of Historic Preservation State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Drinking Water California Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC)
- Environmental Document
- _Memo PDF 782 K Responsible Agency Review PDF 92 K Wonderful Pistachios MND PDF 124990 K
- Corrected NOC_MND_CUP8 MAP27_Wonderful PDF 219 K NOC PDF 891 K
- State Comments
- 2008121059_NAHC Comment PDF 293 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.