Caltrans, highway 101 Storm Damage Repair Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- Caltrans, highway 101 Storm Damage Repair Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose and objective of the project are to repair and upgrade a degraded double barreled culvert to protect the roadway from erosion and potential structural damage. The proposed construction activities will consists o: installing two plastic pipes; replacing the rock slop protection (RSP); excavating failed slopes; reconstructing and repaving the damaged roadway; replacing degraded downdrains; revegetating the disturbed soil area; and conducting erosion control. Both temporary and permanent impacts are proposed to an intermittent tributary to Forsythe Creek, a tributary to the Russian River. The project will result in temporary impacts to 3,779 feet^2 (131 linear feet) waters of the I.A. and waters of the State. However, the majority of impacts are within the existing drainage facilities (i.e. culverts and RSP). To compensate for the impacts to waters of the U.S. and waters of the State associated with project, Caltrans proposes to plant approximately 600 feet^2 of riparian vegetation adjacent to the RSP at the outfall of location PM 36.41.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2835
Fax : (707) 523-0135
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec 15301(c)
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing highway with minor expansion of facility for the purpose of fish habitat restoration.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.