Emergency Piepleine Replacement Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Caltrans 10 (Stockton) (California Department of Transportation, District 10)
- Document Title
- Emergency Piepleine Replacement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) proposes an emergency project to install a new section of a 36-inch diameter irrigation pipeline, in order to replace a section of failed pipeline located beneath Interstate 5(I-5). Construction, access, and staging would occur on previously disturbed areas and existing dirt roads owned by the Union Pacific Railroad, Banta Irrigation District, private land holders, and Caltrans. A permit to enter would be required for work outside of state right of way. To allow enough area and depth to operate a directional drill two jack and bore puts would be excavated on either side of I-5, one 420 square foot and the other 160 square foot. Manhole to access the pipeline would be constructed at the location of each boring pit once the new pipeline is installed. Previous efforts have been attempted by Caltrans and Banta Irrigation District to clean out the failing section of pipeline without success. Banta Irrigation District has bypassed the failed section of pipeline to allow irrigation flow to their customers. The purpose of the project is to replace a failed section of irrigation pipeline. The failed pipeline may cause deterioration of the fill under I-5 if not repaired. The project is essential for the safety and welfare of the traveling public.
- Contact Information
California Department of Transportation, District 10
1976 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Stockton, CA 95205
Phone : (209) 942-6045
- San Joaquin
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec 15269(b)(c)
- Reasons for Exemption
- It involves emergency repairs to publicly or privately owned service facilities necessary to maintain service essential to the public health, safety or welfare.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.