Enhanced Outpatient Program Treatment and Office Space, California State Prison - Sacramento, Folsom, California
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Enhanced Outpatient Program Treatment and Office Space, California State Prison - Sacramento, Folsom, California
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- the project consists of the conversion of an existing warehouse at California State Prison, Sacramento (SAC) into office and treatment space for the existing 192-bed Enhanced Outpatient Program (EOP) that is currently housed in SAC's Facility B. The purpose of the project is to provide large space for the existing EOP program so that existing SAC staff can more effectively deliver healthcare to inmates The warehouse that will be converted to EOP space if a former Prison Industries Authority (PIA) building located between SAC's Facility A and Facility B. The warehouse is no longer used by PIA, and the part to be converted (the western end of the building adjacent to facility B) is presently empty with the exception of some medical supply storage that will be relocated elsewhere within the building. The conversion will include construction of approximately 16,700 square feet of interior space to accommodate administration, treatment, and custody functions associated with the existing EOP program. Other improvements associated with the project include the extension of existing utilities, and the installation of a new chiller that will be located in a new outdoor chiller yard adjacent to the building.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-3013
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1,11, Sec 15301,15311
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of interior alterations to an existing structure and involves negligible or no expansion of use, as it represent the relocation of an existing program within SAC's Facility B. The installation of a new chiller adjacent to the building is exempt under CEQA Guidelines Section 15311 because it consists of the placement of a minor structure accessory to (appurtenant to) an existing institutional facility. The project has no potential to increase the population capacity of SAC, and the immediate area of the project is not environmentally sensitive.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.