Students and Teachers Restoring a Watershed (STRAW); Murphy Ranch (Project); Grant Agreement No. 06-246-552-0; SCH No. 2007128261
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Students and Teachers Restoring a Watershed (STRAW); Murphy Ranch (Project); Grant Agreement No. 06-246-552-0; SCH No. 2007128261
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Bay Institute is working with volunteers and schools to restore a creek in Marin County. Students in the STRAW Program will revegetate the riparian zone and stream bank along Stemple Creek at Murphy Ranch. Additional native plantings and bio-technical headcut repair on a connected gully are needed to continue the stabilization and habitat restoration of the site. The newly planted area will be weeded and watered to ensure the re-vegetated plants become established.
- Contact Information
Barbara L. Evoy
California Department of Water Resources
1001 I Street, 16th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 574-2016
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4,6,33, Sec 15304,15306,15
- Reasons for Exemption
- 333 The Project involves conducting minor alterations on less than 5 acres of land, and will not remove healthy, mature trees. The Project will provide basic environmental science data regarding restoration techniques of small creeks and the effectiveness of these techniques.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.