Emergency Permit for the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad (SMCSOBS) to Burn Seized Illegal Fireworks
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Emergency Permit for the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad (SMCSOBS) to Burn Seized Illegal Fireworks
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- On October 24, 2008, DTSC received a request from the SMCSOBS for an emergency permit for the destruction of seized fireworks. The treatment and destruction of the seized fireworks will take place on San Mateo County Property in rural, western San Mateo County. From November 7, 2008 through February 4, 2009, the SMCSOBS is authorized to destroy the current inventory of approximately 500 to 600 pounds of illegal fireworks seized during the effective period of this emergency permit.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Regulatory & Technical Development Branch 1001 "I" Street, 11th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 324-0705
- San Mateo
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- For public safety reasons and to minimize exposure of the public to the ilegal fireworks, it is necessary to destroy the illegal fireworks within a shotr time frame rather that allowing them to be stored indefinitely.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.