Replace Roof and Make Repairs to Stabilize the Broderick House
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Replace Roof and Make Repairs to Stabilize the Broderick House
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Replace the failing, leaking roof and make other repairs to stabilize the historic Broderick House at Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park to prevent further deterioration. Work will remove the non historic fabric and roof material and install in kind cedar class "B" fire rated wood shingles with a 5-1/2 reveal with double starter course using galvanized roofing staples, the new shingles will be identical in appearance to the existing shingles, check and, if necessary, replace the skip-sheathing board's and rafters with in kind material; replace two front porch posts and portions of the porch railing and support beams with new in kind materials; replace trim and siding that has signs of dry rot with in kind materials consistent with what is currently in place; paint the exterior with the existing color of the house. All new pieces of wood and boards will be dated and recorded prior to being installed. All repair work on the building will be consistent with the Historic Building Code and the secretary of Interior's Standards and photo-documentation will occur during all phases of the project, including the installation of new "in kind" components. If ground disturbance is required to replace posts, a qualified archaeologist will monitor the excavation. Project work will occur outside the bird nesting and bat reproduction season of March 15 to August 15.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 988-0205
- El Dorado
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 31, Section 15331
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of the maintenance and repair to a historical structure and is included as "activities affecting historic resources consistent with the Secretary of Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties" with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring, and Reconstructing Historic Buildings (1995), Weeks and Grimmer.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.