Routine Maintenance/Mowing Program (streambed alteration agreement no. 1600-2017-0210-R5)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Game #5
- Document Title
- Routine Maintenance/Mowing Program (streambed alteration agreement no. 1600-2017-0210-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed streambed alteration agreement no. 1600-2017-0210-R5, pursuant to section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code, to the City of Poway. The project consists of routine channel clearing and vegetation maintenance associated with the city of Poway Routine Maintenance/Mowing Program. Project activities include maneuvering a flail-type mower that finely shreds cattail/marsh vegetation and leaves it in a 3-6" layer on the ground surface within specific areas of the channel in order to ensure a specific flow line is maintained. The mowing process remains six inches above the channel bottom, allowing the root systems to remain intact. The project also includes removal of invasive, exotic, and noxious plant species, trash, debris, and encampments. This is an ongoing maintenance activity that was previously authorized under Streambed alteration agreement no. 1600-2008-0321-R5, which is set to expire October 31, 2018.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Game
South Coast Region 3883 Ruffin Rd
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (858) 467-4207
- Other Location Info
- Rattlesnake, Poway, and Green Valley creeks
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project is categorically exempt as a class 4 minor alteration of land in that the project involves minor public and/or private alterations in the condition of land, water, and vegetation which do not involve the removal of healthy mature trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.