Investigations And ROE Permits In Doheny SB For The Dana Point Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Investigations And ROE Permits In Doheny SB For The Dana Point Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Right of Entry Permit(s) are needed within Doheny SB for the Dana Point Ocean Desalination Project Phase 3, Extended pumping and Pilot Plant Test: 1) to locate the presumed plume of petroleum products from an underground tank across the Pacific Coast Highway from the Park. A grid of up to 12 small diameter (2") boreholes will be punched into existing roadways of the Park to determine soil type, density, and groundwater levels and content 2) for construction of a test well that will be operated for 24 months on Doheny State Beach 3) for groundwater sampling during the test. These investigations are associated with Municipal Water District of Orange County project IS/MND SCH #2008051050. Per standard State Park policy, a resource ecologist and cultural resource specialist will ensure avoidance of significant impacts to such resources during the investigations.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (949) 497-1421
- Other Location Info
- Doheny State Beach
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- No potential for significant impacts to the environment is anticipated. Project consists of minor alterations in land use limitations that do not result in any changes in land use or density (Class 5). Project will not result ina serious or major disturbance to an environmental resource (class 6).
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.