Right of Entry to Relocate Modular Office Building
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
- Document Title
- Right of Entry to Relocate Modular Office Building
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) is granting Right of Entry (ROE) to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (ACOE) to relocate a modular office building to a different location at Folsom State Prison. As part of construction of the Folsom Dam Road Project, the ACOE placed a modular office building at Folsom State Prison, covered under the Folsom Dam Road Project environmental document. At its current location, the office modular is within the footprint of the new Folsom Dam Project to construct a new control structural structure, spillway and stilling basin for protecting the City of Sacramento from floods that, without the project, would inundate the City. When the Folsom Dam Road Project is completed, ACOE will vacate the modular, and Folsom State Prison will continue to use the modular for offices. Relocating the modular includes some excavation for footings, constructing a gravel parking area, and installing a security fence around the project site. Electrical utilities will be extended overhead from an existing source at Folsom Dam Road. Other utilities will be provided by a water tank and wastewater pump tank. The project will be constructed to avoid a wetland (creek drainage). Site surveys and a records search at the North Central Information Center confirmed that there are no cultural resources that would be impacted in the project area. The possible removal of one mature oak tree was considered and mitigated for under the Folsom Dam Road project.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-2159
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project consists of the construction of a limited number of new, small facilities (CEQA Guidelines 15303) and involves negligible or no permanent effect on the environment. This is one of a class of projects the Secretary for Resources has found does not have a significant effect on the environment, and therefore is declared to be categorically exempt from the requirement for preparing an environmental document.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.