Sacramento Southern Railroad Engine Repair and Maintenance Facility
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Sacramento Southern Railroad Engine Repair and Maintenance Facility
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Construct and operate a new facility to accommodate the Department's onsite maintenance of railroad equipment such as diesel and steam-powered train locomotives, and other railroad equipment. The project site is currently paved with asphalt concrete and used primarily for staff parking. Project work includes pavement demolition and removal; landscape tree removal; excavation and earthwork; a storm-water drainage system; underground utilities including water and electrical; a concrete block retaining wall; asphalt concrete paving; chain link fencing and gates; extended railroad track spurs; concrete flatwork; and new landscaping at the California State Railroad Museum. Included in the project work is the placement of up to 5 modular shipping containers for the Department's use for storage and work space.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 323-7272
- Other Location Info
- California State Railroad Museum
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of construction and location of a limited number of small, new structures or facilities, such as "small parking lots", and "fencing and gates" included in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.