Additional Freezers for Capacity
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
- Document Title
- Additional Freezers for Capacity
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDCR is planning to install two additional walk-in freezers to maintain adequate cold food storage space necessary to feed the inmate population at MCSP. A 10'x10'x 9' freezer is needed in the Correctional Treatment Center (CTC) and a 30'x10'x9' freezer is needed in the main kitchen to accommodate the inmate population. The existing freezers at MCSP are filled beyond the manufacturer's specifications, creating mechanical overload conditions; thus resulting in an escalation of food storage temperatures to unsafe levels and subsequent food spoilage. Modifications to existing facilities include the preparation of concrete pads to set the freezers on and the installation of the support utility access extending to the freezers.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-3010
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project involves alteration to existing occupied prison facilities that involve no permanent effect on the environment. The project will be constructed completely within existing facilities. Existing on-site utilities will be extended to the new equipment. Installing two additional freezers will reduce the load on the existing freezers and provide additional storage space necessary to store an adequate supply of food needed for the increased inmate population and inmates with special dietary needs. This is one of a class of projects the Secretary of Resources has found does not have a significant effect on the environment, therefore, is declared to be categorically exempt from the requirement for preparing an environmental document.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.