Central Kitchen Water Treatment System
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
- Document Title
- Central Kitchen Water Treatment System
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDCR will install a water treatment system that will be used to condition the water supplied to the Central Kitchen at the NCYCC. A water treatment system is urgently needed to stop costly "hard water" damage in the existing pot washer dishwashing machine and the existing cooling tower that supplies chilled water to the refrigeration system of the walk-in refrigeration boxes that store perishable commodities such as raw shell eggs and milk and milk products. The hard water is creating damage, premature failure of dishwashing equipment and cooling towers in the form of corrosion and scale incrustations. The current situation could potentially result in insufficient cleaning and sanitation of utensils and dishes, and lowering of the cooling capacity of the cooling tower would compromise the refrigeration system, comprising the safety of foods, and potentially resulting in spoiled food supplies and a lack of cold storage needed for prepared foods. The proper operation of the pot washing machine and cooling towers is vital to the facility to maintain compliance with California Health and Safety Code requirements. The installation of the in-line water softening treatment system will mitigate the damage being caused by the hard water that is running through this equipment. This project directly impacts the ability of CDCR to maintain a sanitary food processing facility, which is necessary to feed the youthful offender population housed at O.H. Close Youth Correctional Facility (YCF) and N.A. Chaderjian YCF, which are both located at NCYCC.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 225-2159
- San Joaquin
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project involves the modification to deteriorated equipment to meet current standards of public health and safety. This is one of a class of projects the Secretary for Resource has found does not have a significant effect on the environment, and therefore is declared to be categorically exempt from the requirement for preparing an environmental document.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.