Student Health Building Yurt Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- Document Title
- Student Health Building Yurt Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The University of California, Santa Barbara proposes to install a 24-foot diameter canvas clad structure with a maximum height of 14 feet at the center (yurt). The yurt is a pre-engineered modular structure purchased in components and would not be connected to any utilities and would not require electricity, gas, water, or sewer. An American Disabilities Act (ADA) ramp would be attached for access into the yurt. A stone pathway would be installed from the sidewalk to the ramp. The yurt has a wooden lath interior which supports for the canvas skin. The yurt would be installed in a vacant lawn area adjacent to the north side of the Student Health building and parking. The total site area is 1,200 square feet and the yurt footprint is 452 square feet.
- Contact Information
University of California, Santa Barbara
Office of Campus Planning & Design
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-1030
Phone : (805) 893-3796
- Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- UCSB has determined that the project is Categorically Exempt under Title 14, California Administrative Code 15303(e), under Class 3: New Construction or Conversion of Small Structures, and none of the exceptions to the exemption apply. This project is exempt because the installation of the yurt will not have a significant effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.