Emergency Reconstruction of Retaining wall
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Transportation, District 10
- Document Title
- Emergency Reconstruction of Retaining wall
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) proposes an emergency project to repair a slipout and construct a new retaining wall at the Hatch Road Overcrossing (Bridge # 38 0081) and State Route (SR) 99 in the city of Modesto, Stanislaus County. On July 10, 2008, a retaining wall at along southbound 99 and Hatch Road Overcrossing failed causing a large amount of soil and concrete to be deposited in the travel way. The highway was closed while the material was removed from the highway and K-rail has been placed temporarily at the toe of slope until the retaining wall is reconstructed. The proposed work includes the removal of the remaining slip out material and reconstruction of the retaining wall. Once the retaining wall is rebuilt, soil will be imported to fill in behind it and reestablish the slope. All the work will be within the Caltrans right of way.
- Contact Information
California Department of Transportation, District 10
1976 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Stockton, CA 95205
Phone : (209) 948-7427
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- It involves specific actions necessary to prevent or mitigate an emergency.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.