Routine Maintenance of existing levees
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Game Eastern Sierra-Inland Deserts Region
- Document Title
- Routine Maintenance of existing levees
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Routine maintenance needs to be done on existing levees within the San Jacinto Wildlife Area. Repairs will be done on the levee for marsh A that runs along the access road. Repairs will be made on levees on the Walkers unit for ponds 14-20 and six existing blinds will be refurbished. During these repairs any historic site for rare plants will be flagged and no disturbance will occur within a 60 foot diameter of the site. In addition, the top inch of soil will be removed prior to repairs and stored. After repairs are finished, the topsoil will be re-distributed over the repaired levee.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish & Game Eastern Sierra-Inland Deser
78078 Country Club Dr. Ste. 109
Bermuda Dunes, CA 92203
Phone : (760) 200-9174
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- 15301- existing facilities, (l) wildlife habitat areas, artificial wildlife waterway devices to protect fish and wildlife resources. 15304- minor alterations to land (d) minor alterations in land on existing officially designated wildlife areas which result in improvement of fish and wildlife resources. The existing ponds on the wildlife area are flooded artificially and need to be maintained in order to protect and improve the habitat for numerous wildlife species.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.